Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Revising the GAME plan

What have you learned so far that you can apply in your instructional practice? What goals are you still working towards?

• I have learned that there are some excellent computer tutorial programs available for free and for a price.
• I have compiled a list of free computer tutorials for my students to explore.
• I have found computer tutorials that will enhance critical and creative thinking skills
• I am still working towards engaging in Professional Growth and Leadership. When school gets back in session I will finish completing my action plan to share a digital tool once a month with my Professional Learning Community.


Based on the NETS-T, what new learning goals will you set for yourself?

My next GAME plan is to implement student response systems into my classroom. My school district is piloting an assessment program next year. With this pilot is a student response system. I would like to create and follow a GAME plan to implement these tools into my classroom.

If you are not ready to set new learning goals, how will you extend what you have learned so far?

To extend what I have learned so far I would like find ways for my students to have time at school to explore the math tutorials that I have found. Many of my students do not have access online at home. I will need to work with my colleagues to be creative with our daily schedule so that my students have time to explore these resources online.


What learning approaches will you try next time to improve your learning?

The biggest change I will make next time is to focus in on one specific skill, concept, tool, goal or content. This process has gotten a little jumbled up over the last six weeks. I believe that if I narrowed down my goals and actions the GAME plan would be much clearer and more efficient. I have found that even when you think you have time there is never enough.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bryan,
    I am also looking to implement a student response system for next year. I haven't done a lot of research on the systems out there. Do you have any advice in this area or is the district purchasing the hardware? I hope to integrate assessment into the instruction I give so that it is embedded. I know there usually is software that integrates with PPT or Keynote, but I'd like to be able to assess at any point within a presentation / movie / other learning activity.

    I agree that there are so many areas that I would like to implement technology that it does get overwhelming. I, like you, need to focus on one task at a time. Teaching is all about having many irons in the fire and keeping on top of them all. Good luck in your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bryan,
    Your posting was excellent. The organization was well laid out and the thought points easy to follow. It was evident that you gave this some reflection as you look forward to a new school year. I am impressed by your list. I am sure you, your students and colleagues will find it to be beneficial as you refer to it and build upon it in the months to come. Your goal of sharing one digital tool per month is a lofty one. I wish I were that confident in time allotment for the coming year. I hope you can do it. No, let me upgrade that, I believe you will do it. Just remember what Vicki Davis from our media resource said this week, “It is important for teachers to remember that you don’t get there overnight.” I agree with you that time is the trickster. We seem to come up short many times. Stick to the plan, your determination will lead you to good things.
    Albert

    ReplyDelete