Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Final Blog Post

Creating a self directed learning plan called a GAME plan was a very effective process that I look forward to using in the future. I really like the Action, Monitor, and Evaluation pieces of the GAME plan. I coach football and baseball as well as teach fifth grade. In all three situations I set goals with my students and players. After setting goals the goals are either achieved or not. Following the GAME plan will give me as well as my player and students the tools to think about the process needed to complete the goal.

My GAME plan yielded an excellent list of math tutorials that I am posting on the class website as well as posters around the classroom. I am planning on challenging students with these tutorials as well as using them as an instructional aid for students who are struggling to learn through the standard textbook curriculum. As I begin to implement these tutorials into practice I’m sure that I will be making many adjustments along the way.

After creating my content area unit plan that integrated; a problem based learning lesson, an online collaboration tool, and a digital storytelling lesson, I see that I need to take more risks to earn the rewards. I am always afraid that getting away from the textbook lessons will take too much time and students will not learn the content that is needed. The unit plan that I created has proven that the content can be learned by engaging students with technology that allows them to challenge themselves with the content. I look forward to implementing new units and lessons that will include technology with the content in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment