Monday, July 19, 2010

Monitoring the GAME Plan

I feel that my game plan is right on track to achieving the goals that I have established. This process is taking a little bit longer than I expected. So more than anything I need to continue to complete my action plan when school gets back in session from summer break.

Thanks to everyone who offered comments and suggestions last week to help me find more information and resources about math tutorials. I am going to continue researching the information that I was given last week. I am also going to make one small modification to my action plan. I had taken an action to contact colleagues at my building through email, requesting any information they had on math tutorials. After receiving information on my blog last week I am going to extend this to some neighboring school districts that are in our athletic conference.

After last weeks exploration in UDL principles I am even more excited to bring a math tutorial program into my classroom. If I can find a program to fit the needs of my students this could be an excellent technological tool to help me provide experiences that students need to become enthusiastic about learning. One tutorial program so far that I am very interested in is Accelerated Math. I have requested more information from their website. The tutorial program appears to be very individualized. Students take a placement test that tarts them at their appropriate level; the program also appears to give quick and easy data to the students and teacher monitoring progress.

Some new questions that have arisen are will the free tutorial programs online meet the goals of the tutorial that I am looking for? How much does a math tutorial program cost? What will my principal think about purchasing a math tutorial program?

1 comment:

  1. Bryan:

    Congrats on your success. There are never enough hours in a day week or summer are there? Anyone who thinks all teachers do is get a suntan have not checked our blogs.

    I think it is a good idea to implement one big thing at a time. Once you have one established you can move along to the nest great idea. With teaching nine grades, I don't always have that luxury, but I still modify to keep my sanity.

    Check out my blog because I found a wonderful reference booklet to download a keep handy.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete